The safety awareness has gone deep into ordinary consumers, an electrical appliance with the GS mark may have greater competitiveness than ordinary products in the market,although the GS mark is not mandatory by law, . In the German market, if the goods do not meet the GS requirements when it'on sold, it will be difficult to sell in Germany. And it is recognized by most European countries, although GS is a German standard, the products meet the requirements of CE-LVD certification in the European Union while meeting the GS certification.
The GS certificate does not consider EMC requirements. The GS certificate does not reflect EMC instructions or standards, but requires EMF.
GS= Security +EK Resolution (if applicable) +EMF (if applicable) +PAHs (if applicable) +LFGB (if applicable) +DMF
(if applicable) + factory inspection.
GS certification requirements for products and documents:
1. Labels & Instructions (English & German)
2. Schematic diagram
3. PAB Layout and screen printing
4. Explosive diagram and BOM corresponding to explosive diagram
5. CDF List and certificates
6. Specification (Transformer, motor, LED)
7. The product shall pass the type test of European safety standard.
8. Product structure should meet the standard requirements.
GS certification has strict requirements on the factory quality assurance system, and the factory should be reviewed and inspected annually:
1. The purpose of factory inspection is to strictly control the production procedure of the certified products and ensure that the batch products are completely consistent with the type test samples.
2. Factory inspection is divided into initial factory inspection and annual factory inspection.
3. Factory inspection mainly includes incoming material inspection, warehouse management inspection, production process inspection and product delivery inspection, test instrument maintenance and calibration
4. After issuing the certificate, the factory should be reviewed at least once a year. No matter how many GS marks the factory applies for, the factory review of an institution only needs one time.
Differences between GS certification and CE certification:
Certification of nature
Scope of application
Test GS according to German safety regulations
European standard (EN) is applied for testing
The license issuing agency
A third party authorized by the German government shall conduct the test and issue the GS certificate
CE can be declared on the premise of complete technical documentation (including test report)
You must pay an annual fee
No annual fee
The factory audit
Factory inspection must be carried out annually
No factory inspection
The certificate authority
The GS logo is issued by the authorized testing unit, which has high credibility and market acceptance
The factory's self-declaration of product conformity has low credibility and market acceptance